South Eastham Septic Line Repair and Replacement
Do You Need a South Eastham septic line repair or replacement? Has you have snake your line multiple times due to root intrusion or have you been told you have a "belly" or "offset" in the pipe joints of your septic line?
Call us at – 508-255-0388
Few plumbing tasks are more daunting to a homeowner than septic line repair and replacement, especially in towns like South Eastham, MA. Septic systems are underground wastewater treatment structures, commonly used in rural areas without centralized sewer systems. They use a combination of nature and proven technology to treat wastewater from household plumbing produced by bathrooms, kitchen drains, and laundry.
The good news is that Rooter-Man of Cape Cod has the experience to handle septic line repair and replacement, and that our trained staff can take a lot of the guesswork out of the procedure. We utilized modern techniques for an accurate assessment, then perform the repair or replacement with the integrity of your property in mind. It’s never a pleasant call to make, but if you have to make it, then call upon a trusted company that knows what it’s doing. We’ll set the problem right and make sure you’re totally satisfied with our handiwork!
Trust Rooter-Man of Cape Cod in South Eastham, MA for quality septic line repair and replacement services. Give us a call today to schedule a service appointment.
Schedule An Appointment
A typical South Eastham septic system consists of a septic tank and a drainfield, or soil absorption field.
The septic tank digests organic matter and separates floatable matter (e.g., oils and grease) and solids from the wastewater. Soil-based systems discharge the liquid (known as effluent) from the septic tank into a series of perforated pipes buried in a leach field, leaching chambers, or other special units designed to slowly release the effluent into the soil or surface water.
Alternative systems use pumps or gravity to help septic tank effluent trickle through sand, organic matter (e.g., peat and sawdust), constructed wetlands, or other media to remove or neutralize pollutants like disease-causing pathogens, nitrogen, phosphorus, and other contaminants. Some alternative systems are designed to evaporate wastewater or disinfect it before it is discharged to the soil or surface waters.
Specifically, this is how a typical South Eastham septic system works:
- All water runs out of your house from one main drainage pipe into a septic tank.
- The septic tank is a buried, water-tight container usually made of concrete, fiberglass, or polyethylene. Its job is to hold the wastewater long enough to allow solids to settle down to the bottom forming sludge, while the oil and grease floats to the top as scum.
Compartments and a T-shaped outlet prevent the sludge and scum from leaving the tank and traveling into the drainfield area.
- The liquid wastewater (effluent) then exits the tank into the drainfield.
- The drain field is a shallow, covered, excavation made in unsaturated soil. Pretreated wastewater is discharged through piping onto porous surfaces that allow wastewater to filter though the soil. The soil accepts, treats, and disperses... wastewater as it percolates through the soil, ultimately discharging to groundwater.
If the drainfield is overloaded with too much liquid, it will flood, causing sewage to flow to the ground surface or create backups in toilets and sinks.
- Finally, the wastewater percolates into the soil, naturally removing harmful coliform bacteria, viruses and nutrients. Coliform bacteria is a group of bacteria predominantly inhabiting the intestines of humans or other warm-blooded animals. It is an indicator of human fecal contamination.
A foul odor is not always the first sign of a malfunctioning septic system. Call a septic professional if you notice any of the following:
- Wastewater backing up into household drains.
- Bright green, spongy grass on the drainfield, even during dry weather.
- Pooling water or muddy soil around your septic system or in your basement.
- A strong odor around the septic tank and drainfield.
Emergency Plumbing Services in South Eastham, MA
- South Eastham Emergency Plumbing Services
- Drain Cleaning
- Septic Inspections
- South Eastham Septic Pumping
- Interior Grease Trap Pumping
- Tie-Ins from septic systems to town sewer lines
- Pipe Locating in South Eastham
- Sump Pump and Ejector Pump Service
- Leak Detection
- High-pressure Septic Jetting for Pipes
- Kitchen and Bath Drains
- Septic Filtration
- South Eastham Septic Jetting
- Septic Line Replacement
- Repipe Services in South Eastham
- South Eastham Pipe Repair
- Drain Cleaning
- Video Camera Inspection in South Eastham